Once again it's taken me forever to write on this blog....it's actually raining here today and I'll take it, we need some rain, but BOY do I LOVE this warm beautiful weather everyday. I have been wearing flip-flops and capri's pretty much since January!!!!
Things have been going well with the Ball family and living in Georgia has gotten much easier. I think FINALLY I am content here!!! Woo hoo, it's about time!!!! I have made so many sweet and wonderful friends and cannot imagine what life would be like had I not met them. I truly believe there is always a reason for everything that happens in life and we were really meant to be here.
Lexi has started softball here with the local league and that will continue through May. It's been really nice being back at the park to watch these games, and the weather is WONDERFUL this time of year. 80 degrees most of the days, what perfect weather for games. Lexi will start softball with school sometime this summer and go through the Fall. She also continues to do well in school and has made some of the sweetest friends. Kids in the South really do have such a respectfulness towards adults (at least most of them do) it's so sweet how all the children call me Miss Holly or Mrs. Ball and always say 'yes ma'am or thank you ma'am'.
Lily is good too, she's growing like a weed and really reminds me more of a 16 year old versus a 7 year old. She is my little challenge, but I don't know what I would do without her. She too is doing well in school and it has amazed me how well she is reading and how much she LIKES to sit down and read.
Jason's been out of town for most of the past few months, so that's been hard to adjust to, but he has been able to make it home for a weekend visit every now and then. I know this is just a really busy time of year for him and It won't always be like this. We are looking forward to some fun family time in June, we are going to Universal in Florida for a week and will also be meeting up for a day or 2 with Jason's brother Cal and sister in law, Judy. I cannot wait to see them and our 2 nieces and nephew, it's going to be wonderful;!!!! Our kids have never really had the opportunity to meet and spend time together since we have always lived at different ends of the U.S., so this will be great!
I've been keeping busy all the time, I actually started subbing at Tattnall occasionally and it's tons of fun. It cracks me up that at a private school you d not need a teaching certificate, but I really enjoy being up there with the girls and can work with the kids.
Mom and Dad came to visit us last month and that was so nice as well, 2 weeks of fun with Nana and Papa is always a treat!!! Mom comes back to visit us soon, she will be here for my birthday and I'm so happy to have her here, it's always so nice and it's nice having time to just talk and enjoy each other.
I can't believe we only have a month left of school and then the kids are out for the summer. That will mean we've been here almost a year and once again, I am amazed how quickly time flies when you are a parent.
I hope you all are doing well, love and hugs from the Ball's!!!!
Holly
I'm so glad you are enjoying GA! I feel blessed to have you and the girls in my life! Can't wait for our next coffee date. :) I love your blogs too...you are a great writer!
ReplyDelete