Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June has arrived!!!!

Well again it's been awhile since I last posted. Things are going well here and we are coming upon our 1 year Georgia anniversary on the 16th of the month. I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. The kids were out of school on May 24th and Jason finally got home this past Friday after being gone A LONG TIME!!!! He leaves again Saturday, but it will be a short trip and then we are headed to Orlando for a family summer vacation.

The kids had a great school year and made some great friends. Lexi received all A's and B's and brought home an art award and a Citizenship award for the 6th grade. While Lily received an award for all A's all year long, I am so proud of them both. They had some amazing teachers this year and I cannot believe how well they are doing. We love Tattnall Square Academy!!!!

Lexi also made the girls softball team for school next year and just ended her league season with a win for the championship, that was really fun. The pool has opened in the neighborhood and we have been there almost daily enjoying the beautiful Georgia weather. It's in the 90's almost everyday already, except this week we've had some rain and lots of thunder and lightening. I have never experience storms like we have here in the South, it is amazing to see the lightening and the thunder does truly roll across the sky and shake the house at times.

Mom was able to visit last month for my birthday, this was her 5th trip in just a year and I am so grateful that she is able to be with us so often. We miss her and daddy so darn much everyday!!! Mom and Dad also just celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary this past Saturday. I am so happy to have my parents still married and loving one another after all these years.

Jason and I will be celebrating our 15th this month and it seems like just yesterday we were walking down the aisle starting our lives together. Now 2 kids, many many pets, moving all the way across the country, him traveling A LOT, and so much more and we still love each other more than the day we were married!!! I am blessed to have married my best friend and so thankful that he takes care of us always.

Jason and I also became godparents last month, our dear friends Tom and Mandi had their precious baby boy Kellan James on Cinco de Mayo. I was hoping for him to be born on the 15th, but we still share the same birthday month and I love him to pieces, they will be wonderful parents and we'll do our best to be good Godparents from a far. Hoping to be able to see him soon.

I'll share some pictures of the past year and fun we've had here in Georgia and look forward to many more fun ones with all our new friends!!!!

 The girls and I, I trip to Savannah. Summer 2011
 Lex, Lily, Michael and Marcus during their trip to visit us. Feb. 2012
 Lexi and her BFF's during their St. Simon's trip, Florida
 Cherry Blossom Festival. March 2012
 Lily and her buddies, school program.
 Lexi and friends, checking out the prom 2012
 Field day 2012, girls from Lexi's class
 Field day Lily.....
 Jason and Lexi, ready for the 6th Grade Dance and Father/Daughter dance
 6th grade dance girls
 Summer 2011, dance camp
 6th grade dance......Lex and Jason
 American Girl Store 2011
 1st day of school in Georgia!!!!
 Our visit to Helen, Ga.
 Happy Halloween from 1st grade
 Halloween 2011
 Turkey Day with Daddy!!!!
 Holly and Tarisa, what a wonderful visit that was!!!!!
Taking Mom to Savannah....2011

Thanks to all of yo for your love and support while we've adjusted to our 1st year here in the South. It's been a great time, but we miss y'all!!!!

Love, Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment