Thursday, July 25, 2013

So much going on!!!

Hello friends,

It's been soooooo long since my last post, but I decided to I better start writing again and the BLOG is going to need a new name soon. We are finally moving back to Oregon and I am so darn happy!!! What a great 2 years we've had here in Georgia though.....I am going to miss so much, but mostly the amazing friends I've made here. Since day one, everyone has welcomed us with open arms and been so helpful. I will miss the Southern hospitality so much, but not the heat! I'm looking forward to the chill and rain of the NW, however wearing flip flops 10 months out of the year is pretty nice.

Jason's employer has decided to close their business and I think everything does happen for a reason, so instead of staying here, home to Oregon is where we felt we belonged. The girls have taken the news very hard, especially Lexi. These 2 have absolutely loved their school at Tattnall, not only the friends they made, but also the awesome teachers. Jason and I have felt to lucky to have them at such a great place, it's a great feeling when you know the teachers truly love and care for your kids.

This past weekend we were able to have Jason's best friend Damon, his fiance Stacey and their boys visit us and that was a great time. We were able to do Stone Mountain, 6 Flag White Waters, dinners out, and so much more. I think Jason really needed some bonding time with his BFF, it's done him good!!!! They were also able to celebrate his 39th birthday with him and that was great.




The girls and I also were able to head home for 3 weeks in June and visit mom and dad. That was so fun and we also were able to see so many friends and other family. My brother and Jamie recently bought a new beautiful home on some property, so we were able to help them move and spend quite a bit of time with them. They also took the girls to the zoo one day and I have to say, my girls love their Auntie and Uncle!!!

Also, they were spoiled rotten by Nana and Papa too, I don't think they wanted to leave!!!!



Mom and I were also able to find Gaga an assisted living home while I was there and they just got her moved in. She has not been too thrilled about this, but she's 98 and been living by herself since Grandpa died in 1976, so I'm sure she'll end up enjoying it once she gets settled in. We had a wonderful time visiting her as well while we were home!!!


Anyhooo......we have begun the horrible process of packing and will be doing that for awhile. We're planning to drive allllllllll the way back home, just shy of 3000 miles!!!! We hope to leave here around the 15th and be home around the 20th.

Again, I would like to say to all my sweet Macon friends, that I would NOT have traded these past 2 years of friendships for anything! I'm a better person for meeting each of you....I will miss you all terribly.


No comments:

Post a Comment