Saturday, September 17, 2011

3 months already!

Hi All and happy weekend to you.....

It's been a long crazy week without Jason here, but thank goodness he will be home tonight!!! I cannot believe yesterday was 3 months since moving here, time flies so fast and each day I ache for home even more. Today was a tough morning, I'm not sure why, but some days I just wake up anxious and sad. I thought writing my feelings down might help.

I do like it here and love most all of the people I've met. I'm so thankful for the great school the kids attend and all the new friends they are making. Lily is actually going to the movies with her new BFF today!!!

One of the things I'm really grateful for here is that we've finally started to go to church regularly. With the kids going to a Christian based school and living in the South, where everyone goes to church, it just seemed right. I wish we would have done this along time ago. It's been so helpful and makes me feel refreshed every Sunday when we go. I know I've found myself praying a lot more since moving here and it just feels right!

This past week was Homecoming for the Tattnall (Kids school) and we had so much going on. The best thing was no uniforms this week, just theme days and they were so proud to sport their Oregon Beavers and Ducks shirts for college day. Lexi even has a boy in her class that is a HUGE Ducks fan, so that was fun for her. We also has practice or games every night, Lexi's team continues to shine and she's getting more playing time as we go. The Tattnall Trojans won the game last night and the beautiful queen was crowned, it was fun and I even hung out with some of my new Mom friends, so that was really fun.

Less than 3 weeks and Mom will be back for a visit and I'm hoping to have one of my dear friend's, Mandi visit in October as well, that will be wonderful!!!! I also was realizing this week that I need to start Christmas shopping soon, only 3 more months till the big day and Lily's birthday is 3 months from today, a 7 year old....wow!!!!

Anyway, I will leave you all with a quote I need to listen to....

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Have a great weekend y'all!
Holly

Love this pic of Mama and her girls!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment